Sunday, June 30, 2013

Posing Routine





These photos were all taken as I performed my posing routine at the night show or "finals" at my may 11, 2013 competition, I had a blast! I actually had a big cheeseburger with sweet potato fries and iced tea prior to this.....not sure what I enjoyed more, the food and drink or the performance!




You are not scored on your routine, it is purely for entertainment of the audience. The routines vary quite a bit, and usually they are a good indication of the personality of the performer.

Prior to the Women's Physique division, the only people who did a routine were BodyBuilders. You have seen the big guys up on stage, usually to some very loud, head banging rock and roll; or just the opposite:  very slow and flowing, but in my opinion, painfully boring music. 

Here is an example of a bodybuilders routine I like! (email subscribers will need to navigate to the blog link at the top of the page to view the videos).




I am not going to show you one I don't like, that would be silly. A posing routine is supposed to show off the physique,  the hard work that has been put into the building of each muscle and it's supposed to be entertaining. 



Mine was more dancing than posing, I think my physique showcased just fine! 

Below is a video that Sakura's mother took, my entrance is not shown, I was the only one who actually started from behind the curtain, so she wouldn't have known to video at the start of the music, but she got most of it! 



The division of Women's Physique brings competing to a whole new level. There is more required to develop larger muscles, and a leaner body, then the posing is strenuous and so important to how you can show off your physique, and then the routine! I love the routines.



Notice no shoes? I love the fact that this is all done in bare feet. My feet didn't hurt at the end of the night!


2 comments:

  1. I have watched your posing video several times. I can't say how much I really enjoy the music you chose and I LOVE watching you have FUN!!!! I'm so happy that you enjoy yourself, it is very obvious! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise- It was a blast! An absolute blast, I loved every minute of it! I was lucky in that the fellow who mixed my music did a great job, and the woman who choreographed my routine was amazing. I will never, ever go back to Figure. And no shoes! No 5 inch plastic heels!!!

      Delete