Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life is a Party

It was hot, hot, hot! Saturday early evening and we were off to a retirement party, I cannot wait to have mine! How hot was it? When we drove out to go at 5:00 pm it was 102 degrees....


I enjoyed myself, and you can have fun at a party and eat and drink responsibly, it just depends on how responsible you want to be! I need to balance the "need" to eat fairly clean and the "desire" to indulge, I think there is a happy medium.


I skipped the chips and dip, no cookies (but they looked great because the heat had melted the chocolate chips), no bruscetta and tomato salsa, no pizzas (from Willow Street Pizza who catered the event, it looked good!), no cake, no cocktails, no sangria.

What did I have?


I had a couple glasses of wine and lots of water, a liter actually.  And meat, lots and lots of meat. In fact, a couple people made a few comments on the amount of meat I ate.  I ate skewer after skewer of chicken and tri tip. I lost count but I had at least 7 skewers of beef and 8 chicken! LOL!


I threw a couple raw broccoli florets on there for good measure, but it was basically a meat fest.


This is the first summer since 2008 that I have not been on a competition diet, its nice to live for a change. Very nice indeed!




7 comments:

  1. Kristy ,
    I love your approach to life and having fun !
    You look beautiful and happy ... Love that dress . Bet all eyes were on you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy- Thanks! I thik they were all watching me eat, I can really power down the food, especially meat! I got the dress at Nordtrom Rack last summer, its a little form fitting but a great summer dress and makes the butt really pop! ha ha

      Delete
    2. Kathy- I got an email that you responded again, but for some reason its not showing here! Yes the butt has a life of its own; however, I work quite a bit on it and this new program is gonna make it even bigger! I will write about it soon.

      Not sure why some people feel the need to criticize, it bothered me at first now not so much, and luckily they are few and far between!

      Delete
  2. I SO wish I had your joie de vivre.

    Unfortunately, I suffer from depression that's gotten worse as I've hit the menopause years. Changing my diet/exercise and outlook on life from here on in are some of the ways I'm trying to combat it. You are so right about your mindset being the most important thing in all of this. When that's not right, nothing else is either.

    And, actually, that's one of the reasons I make it a point to read your blog every day. You are so positive about everything that it helps me at least try to reframe how I both look at and respond to life. I still don't know how you manage to do all that you do, but at least it's inspiring me!! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phil,

      Oh I am sorry to hear about the depression, I am hoping you have a good doctor to help monitor it all. You know, I don;t worry about much, in fact my husband gets a bit annoyed and says he has to worry so much because I don;t worry abot anything! I think it comes from seeing so many loved ones struggle with cancer and illness and I just want to enjoy my life now, I don;t know how long I have....

      I am very glad my blog makes you happy...it annoys some people to the point that they send me nasty emails! I don't know why they just don't stop reading it if it bothers them so much! LOL!

      Delete
  3. You always have a gigantic smile and look so happy. I bet you are super fun to be around. You look amazing in that dress. I agree with Kathy, I'm sure ALL eyes were on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte- I have my fun days and my not so fun days (hee hee) but yes mst of the time I have a fairly light hearted attitude about things. Like yesterday I get a text message from ATT that my phone bill is ready to be paid and it is $698.94!!!!

      SO instead of flipping out I calming called and it was an error, they fixed it right away. It just doesn't help to worry about things I cannot control.

      Thanks for the compliment about the dress, I guess I need to wear it more often!

      Delete