Friday, January 13, 2012

Vegan Diet

Posted by Picasa

This was my purchase from the farmers market- hardly vegan. I bought grass fed ground beef (3), beefalo, pasture raised eggs (2), turnips (2), frisee (2), radicchio (2) and the big green thing is an Emu egg (I will be writing about that later).

My haul contains a lot of animal sources, a lot. 

Alix, a reader, sent me a very nice email and this article, which I found very, very interesting. As I explained to her when I replied, I know many vegetarians and they frequently ask me what they can eat to get enough protein. I tell them what I know, but it isn't much as I tend to shy away from soy products and a lot of starchy carbs make me big, bigger than I should be.

People will make a decision about what they want (or don't want) to eat for many reasons, and as long as they are their own personal reasons, they should be respected. Some reasons may seem silly to others, like I will avoid anything that comes from Monsanto, but I think they are akin to "The Evil Empire" and should be destroyed, so fat chance I will support them! By the way, avoiding Monsanto is difficult, they have spread like a cancer. 

A vegetarian would find no problem foraging for food at my house! A vegan might not have such a great selection though. I love meat and eggs, and could never imagine giving them up, but I still enjoy learning about other successful nutrition plans.

Here is a link to the article (and I love the sleeve on this guys arm!)

And you may want to visit Vegan Bodybuilding and Fitness for some more information!

Thanks Alix! Happy Surfing!

No comments:

Post a Comment