Friday, December 2, 2011

Victory




Posted by Picasa

vic·to·ry

 [vik-tuh-ree, vik-tree] noun, plural -ries.


1.
a success or triumph over an enemy in battle or war.

2.
an engagement ending in such triumph: American victories in the Pacific were won at     great cost.

3.
the ultimate and decisive superiority in any battle orcontest: The new vaccine effected a    victory over poliomyelitis.
4.
a success or superior position achieved against any opponent, opposition, difficulty, etc.: a moral victory.

How do you measure your victories? Who is your enemy? What is the battle?

For me, Victory is measured by achieving what I set out to achieve for myself. Fighting the long, hard battle of the diet, the deprivation, the exhaustion, the never ending training, the longing, the excitement, the anxiety, the list is endless.

The Power

Power because I am the one who is making the choices, the decisions, every exercise, every cardio session, every meal. It's my choice whether I do it or not.

I can quit at any time, but I will never feel the thrill of the victory will I? I won't ever quit.

I am my own opponent, there is no one else I am competing with.  I want to be the best I can be, and when I am, I have won the battle. But the battle isn't over, there's another one ahead.

Setting a goal for myself, a tough one, is daunting, but it is exhilarating too. And when I have achieved that goal, there is yet another.

My enemy? Myself. Self doubt can creep in, fear of failure, of letting myself and those around me down.

In the end, when the battle has been fought, I bask in the light knowing that I have done something many could never even imagine starting let alone finish.

And I feel the Power again.

No comments:

Post a Comment