Monday, September 5, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation

Sunday afternoon sitting in my backyard with a friend. We were talking about one of my favorite things: 


Change

Very often a change of self is needed more than a change of scene.
~ Arthur Christopher Benson~

When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge.
~Tuli Kupferberg~

It's never too late - in fiction or in life - to revise.
~Nancy Thayer~

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.
~Charles Darwin~

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.
~Carl Rogers~

To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.
~Henri Bergson~

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy, for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter into another.
~Anatole France~

The first step toward change is acceptance. Once you accept yourself, you open the door to change. That's all you have to do. Change is not something you do, it's something you allow.
~Will Garcia, person with AIDS~

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
~Helen Keller~

I have accepted fear as a part of life - specifically the fear of change... I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back...
~Erica Jong~

I've never met a person, I don't care what his condition, in whom I could not see possibilities. I don't care how much a man may consider himself a failure, I believe in him, for he can change the thing that is wrong in his life anytime he is prepared and ready to do it. Whenever he develops the desire, he can take away from his life the thing that is defeating it. The capacity for reformation and change lies within.
~Preston Bradley~


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment