Saturday, July 30, 2011

Back Day and Diet

Back day, I am now training back twice a week with a little variation at each session.  Looking good huh?! It amazes me how quickly things can get dialed in with just dedication and effort. I throw some abs in on back day as it’s one of my shorter workouts. I also found that hitting the abs first ensures I actually do it!  Today's training and diet is as follows:


4:15 a.m. Meal # 1: lean one meal replacement drink (220 calories, 18 grams carbs, 20 grams protein); supplements

5:00 a.m. warm up 5 minutes walking on the treadmill.

Hanging leg raises 5x10, bodyweight.

Crunches, legs elevated on a bench, 5 x20

Pull ups, bodyweight 4 sets 6, 6, 5, 5, 5

Lat pull down, 85 pounds 3 sets wide grip, 2 sets triangle grip

Seated low row, 100 pounds 5 sets 3 sets wide rip, 2 sets triangle

T-bar row 80 pounds (in addition to the 45 pound bar), 4 sets of 10

Bent over row, 110 pounds 4 sets of 10

6:15 a.m. R-4 Recovery drink (one scoop 135 calories, 26 grams carbs, 7 grams protein, 20 grams sugars) and supplements

Coffee

7:30 a.m. Arrive at work (darn, someone has to do it!)


7:45 a.m.  Breakfast Meal #2: Protein waffles (1 serving oats- ½ cup raw; 1 cup egg whites, flavorings). I make these ahead and package and place in the fridge. 

I have written about them so many times. I love them and eat them often, at least 4 days a week. I make coffee, chocolate, banana, vanilla flavors, but you can use your imagination. And no, they do not taste just like the real thing! But they are a damn good substitute!


Shoot me an email or a comment if you need the recipe, but I think it's here in the archives somewhere!


11:00 a.m. stairs and jump rope, run up 100 and down 100 stairs, jump rope 100 times; x 3 sets. That's 300 up, 300 down and 300 jumping...whew!



11:30 a.m. Lunch meal #3:  3 ounces brown rice, 4 ounces cubed chicken breast, 2 cups vegetables (broccoli rabe, mixed peppers, mushrooms).



12:00 noon my first Twitter party as a new member of the Clever Girls Collective! I have entered into a 2 year contract with them, and you will soon see some reviews or promotions. I will of course let you know when I am being compensated for something I write about!

So if you got some weird tweets from me, it was my first time doing this. It was a promotion for Crocs shoes and they were awarding shoes and cash prizes, it was quite fast paced and fun. See my handle on the left there of my computer screen chatting away?



3:00 p.m. Lunch #2 Meal #4:   Salad. 4 ounces cubed chicken breast,  2 cups raw vegetables (peppers, cucumbers, snap peas, asparagus, enoki mushrooms, radish sprouts, one hard cooked egg) it will be topped with fat free balsamic vinaigrette.

As you may notice, there is no starch here and there won't be any the rest of the day. I will add starch to this meal every third day just to vary the calories and carbs. With lots of crunchy vegetables, and the starchy snap peas, I don't really miss it.

I add a whole egg if I am eliminating starches sometimes. You need to balance out the calories. Your brain needs some fuel and if you cut it too low, you won't look or feel good. Now if I had beef in here instead of chicken, I wouldn't do that.




Right now I try to keep my starches low and I will test my urine with ketone strips. Yup, I pee on a stick! A very little stick.

I will keep them in the small to moderate range, that way I know I am not eating too many starchy carbs. 

I will have a very good starchy meal every now and again, could be in two weeks could be more, could be less. Depends on how I am looking.



6:15 p.m. Leave work. 


6:45 p.m. Dinner Meal # 5: 5 ounces tilapia (raw weight), 3 cups vegetables (peppers, mushrooms, broccoli rabe), supplements. Oh another egg.....

I would normally eat about an hour earlier but work has been very busy, I left late.




Blog, blog, blog, blog....check email. Yadda yadda


8:30 Meal #6: 1 cup egg whites, 1 cup mushrooms, supplements.



9:00 off to bed. With a nice cuppa tea and a book Stacy loaned me. Sleep is really important to me!




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment