Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation


Happy Birthday to me! I am 50 today...I look and feel great! I am so happy to be alive and doing what I am doing, I really am a lucky person. Or, does luck have anything to do with it?

You chose your attitude the minute you wake every morning, your choice will set the tone for the rest of the day.

As I write this on Sunday afternoon, I am sipping Laurent-Perrier Cuvee Rose champagne and munching on a half a peanut butter and jelly (no sugar) sandwich (flax bread). What a pairing! 

Oh, I also have some Snake and Butterfly peanut butter cups- if you are not totally into organic, wholistic, cook in the naked type of thing, forget it- these cost too much for you to appreciate.


Then there is the Vosges bunny and the split of champagne that the owner of Vintage Wine Merchants game me as a birthday gift (the bottle on the left).

Today (Monday), David and Cooper are taking me to Chez Panisse, my absolutely most favorite restaurant.  You never know whats on the menu until Monday, so it will be a surprise. I will have an apertif, then an appertizer, an entree and a dessert and coffee. Of course, wine throughout.

They know it's my birthday, the mentioned it when they called me on Saturday to confirm my reservation . The woman said "we will do our best to ensure your birthday is as special as it should be"

Looking at the menu from last week I can see things such as fava beans, pea shoots, young spring lamb, sole, asparagus, rabbit, oysters. All of it is local, fresh and so amazing, if you have never eaten here you haven't lived.

This is one time when I will actually eat ice cream, so I just took a break from writing and put some lactaid in my purse. Chez Panisse has their own pastry chef, who makes their ice cream, and if that is the only chocolate dessert, then that's what I shall have! I would love to have the souffle or the flour less tart though....

I will be sure to let you know what I had!


“Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at 20 or 80. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.”
~Henry Ford

“Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art.”
~Eleanor Roosevelt

“Age is whatever you think it is. You are as old as you think you are.”
~Muhammad Ali 

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.”
~Abraham Lincoln

“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.”
~ Mark Twain

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
~George Bernard Shaw

The minute a man ceases to grow, no matter what his years, that minute he begins to be old.
~William James 

I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates.
T.S. Eliot

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
~C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, sister mine!

    You're an inspiration, truly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday once again, big sis! How are you going to celebrate it this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks good! But I wasn't competing last year, I had broken my rib. I will not be doing this. But, I am going out to lunch with Cooper and David, I took the day off, and I am meeting my trainer first. Then tomorrow David and I are going to the Great Mall where you and I went shopping at the Puma store! Thanks Dude!

    ReplyDelete