Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday morning motivation

Why do we do what we do? What makes us tick?

I know that I am successful because I always push myself hard, harder than most people. I need to feel that I am making a difference. But am I making a difference in the world or just in MY world?

I think that I am making a difference, the world needs people who strive to push the envelope, people who make us all sit back and gasp, people who make us wonder if WE need to do something!

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Vince Lombardi 

Some people say I have attitude - maybe I do...but I think you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does - that makes you a winner right there.
Venus Williams 


Everyone has the desire to win, but only champions have the desire to prepare. 
Author Unknown


Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal. 
Mike Ditka

If you believe in yourself, have dedication and pride and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards.
Paul "Bear" Bryant

Show me a man who never failed and I'll show you a man who never tried anything hard enough.
Allen Waimsley


Vision without action is a dream. Action without vision is aimless. Vision with action will achieve.  
Author Unknown

Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible.  
Author Unknown

If not you, who? If not now, when? 

Garry Herbert

It's Monday, treat it like royalty. We are all lucky to have the chance to wake up to a new day, to do what we want, to do the right thing. 

Tackle the day, make a difference, feel good about yourself. You are a champion.

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Dad's got a fascinating book here at his place that I've been reading through: it's called Outliers.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outliers_(book)

    It's all about success depending much more on dedication and effort than on inborn talent.

    ReplyDelete