Friday, January 21, 2011

I Just Wanna Tone

What do you like to do in the gym? I am always stunned by people who say "I don't want to get really big and muscular".

Do you know how hard it is to get muscular? How hard you have to push yourself just to add some lean mass to your frame? How strict you need to be with your nutrition to add the lean mass and not the fat?

Seriously, most people cannot get big and muscular even when they try! You must eat lots of food, (the proper food), and lift heavy weights, over and over and over.


Women really drive me nuts when they say they want to "tone". I hate that phrase "I just want to tone".


There is no such thing as "toning", you need to build up lean muscle, period. Actually, I think Wikipedia does a great job describing "toning", they explain you need a combination of weights and cardio to "tone".

You can lift those itty bitty weights and burn through your cardio, but you aren't "toning" you are simply ensuring that you are a smaller version of your current self. Little weights won't produce hypertrophy, and that's what you need!

skinny=unhealthy and unattractive 

muscles=healthy and beautiful

Below is a funny video that is a bit critical of people who want "to tone" and are afraid they may "get too muscular" by lifting weights....(email readers must navigate directly to my blog).

I would love to have a gym like this near my home, I would be in there every single day! Actually, I am thinking of retiring in the not too distant future, and this is what I want to do with my time, open a gym just like this!

Not only would I toss people like this out in the snow, but along with them, perfume wearers, gum smackers and people who don't wash their workout gear and wear the same gym clothes every single day!


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Well, then you are going to have to open your gym somewhere in the south of France near David's winery!

    And I think I'm going to change my gym underwear more often, to avoid getting slapped up the face!

    ReplyDelete