Sunday, January 9, 2011

Chest Day and Nutrition (or a day in the life of a nut)

Monday morning, it's chest day for me. I thought I would give you an idea of my day training and nutrition and how I manage to fit it all in. This is an off season diet, so I am eating things I wouldn't normally eat when attempting to lose bodyfat such as fruit and bread.

Although I attempt to stick to a clean diet year round, believe me, there are times when I will eat with my family, even prime rib and loaded baked potato! But those days are really exceptions to the rule, this is how my typical day goes.

4:05 am, up and let the cat in. My alarm won't sound until 4:15, but somehow that cat seems to wake me up before it goes off every single day.  I get dressed into workout clothes (bra top and shorts), get the paper and read the sports page while I take supplements and my meal replacement drink.

I like Lean 1 chocolate fudge. I add amino acids from Fitness Nutrition ( I take it several times a day), glutamine,  beta-alanine and L-leucine.

I am at the gym just before they open at 5:00 am. My water bottle contains X-Tend (Branched Chain Amino Acids) in orange flavor.

Bench Press 3 x 8 135 pounds
active rest- jump rope in between each set
Incline Bench 3 x 10 95 pounds
active rest- jump rope in between each set
Chest press 3 x 8 50 pound dumbbells
active rest- jump rope in between each set
Incline Chest Flye 3 x 10 25 pound dumbbells super set with
Push ups 3 x 15
active rest- jump rope in between each set
Incline Chest Press 3 x 10 37.5 pound dumbbells super set with
Dips 3 x 10 (body weight)
active rest- jump rope in between each set
Hammer Strength Incline Military Press Machine 3 x 10 95 pounds super set with
Hanging leg raises 3 x 10 to 15 (body weight)
active rest- jump rope in between each set

Fill water bottle with post training supplements (Amino Acids, X-Tend, Glutamine, Beta-Alanine) and take more BCAA's and Kre-Alkalyn

I get home at 6:15 am, chest day is my shortest day and I get ready for work- I have coffee! I need to be at work by 7:30 am.

Breakfast is eaten at my desk:

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese, 1 Tbsp Flax seed, 1/4 cup fresh mango, two thick slices Acme pumpernickel bread with 2 tsps peanut butter and 2 tsps low sugar jelly.



water, lots of water

10:30 1 cutie (tangerine)

more water

11:30 and it's time for THE STAIRS.  I jog to the Event Center, run up 25 stairs, across the rooftop and down again, 12 times. That's 300 stairs up, and 300 down. I have been doing this now for 8 weeks. 5 minutes jump rope (yes I have to rest a bit).

12:05 is lunch and I have 4 ounces turkey breast, 4 ounces brown rice, 1 cup mixed vegetables (green beans and mushrooms) with fat free balsamic vinaigrette dressing. More supplements.



The water never stops.

1:30 1 rice cake with 1 tsp peanut butter.

1 truffle (one of my staff gave me a whole box of chocolates, they are so good!)



3:00 lunch #2:  4 ounces turkey breast, 4 ounces brown rice, 1 cup mixed broccoli and Brussels sprouts.

yes, more water!

Leave work at 5:20, home by 5:40  (long day)

6:00 dinner is 5 ounces tilapia, 1/2 cup kabocha squash, 2 cups vegetables (Green beans, mushrooms, green chiles), supplements.



water!

I clean up and start getting dinner together for Cooper and David. Cooper's friend is over, they are working on their art projects at the kitchen table. We joke around about what classes to take next year (fashion, so they can be around all the girls).

I steal 2 bites of my family's dinner- its shepherds pie (I made) which is beef stew topped with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese, then baked until the cheese is melted and bubbly. It is stupendous!

Get my lunches together for the next day, all the food is cooked, I just need to grab one protein bag out of the freezer, measure out the vegetables and weigh the rice. I have already made egg white/oatmeal waffles for my breakfast.

Take off make up, wash face. Update my blog a bit, and check email.

8:30 is my last meal. 1 cup egg whites and 1 cup bok choy with low sugar ketchup and sriracha sauce. 16 ounce glass of water with amino acids, X-Tend, supplements (ZMA, L-Tyrosine)

Brush teeth BEFORE I eat 2 tsps peanut butter (see a pattern here?) so I can taste it longer...

Sleepy time tea, bed at 9:00. I will read for a little while.

I have not had time for TV or anything other than household duties , including food prep and clean up.

This is a typical day, I lead a fairly boring life, there isn't much variation. Next week I will recount Tuesday, which will be leg day for me.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I never realized how many supps one can choose to take. I'm fine with my multi and fish oil right now. My husband takes his multi and creatine. Once I start training routinely, could I email you and ask what I should be taking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, A lot of them are the same, only several times a day. I take fish oil 3 x a day, BCAA 3 x a day, and a few others....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fact that you schedule your work out. Some are just working out without knowledge on what should be done in the gym, which I believe is not good for the muscles.

    ReplyDelete