Thursday, January 6, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Salad


Posted by PicasaI LOVE buffalo chicken wings! I rarely eat them though, I understand that there really isn't much worse than that for a lean, healthy body (unless you eat a meal at the Cheesecake Factory)

What exactly do I like so much about it? The chicken and the hot sauce and blue cheese. So the other day I read this recipe from Jenny Grothe of Recipes for Gals in Figure and Bodybuilding (but anyone can use her recipes). I follow her on facebook, she always has interesting sounding recipes, some are winners, some are not.

She recently posted the following recipe for Buffalo Chicken Salad. I will give you her recipe, then explain how  I altered it for my delicious lunch!

Easy Hot Buffalo Chicken Salad
 Makes 1 salad
 Ingredients:
  • 3 tbs VOSKOS nonfat Greek Yogurt
  • 1 tbs Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • 10 sprays Ranch Salad Spritzer or 1/2 tsp ranch dip mix
  • 3 oz cooked and sliced chicken breast
  • 3/4 cup diced celery
  • 1/4 cup sliced baby carrots
  • 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced romaine
Directions:

Combine spray, wing sauce, and Greek yogurt. Add in remaining ingredients and toss. Serve!

Nutrition:
  • Calories 181
  • Calories from Fat 20.6
  • Total Fat 2.29g
  • Cholesterol 55.95mg
  • Sodium 635.1mg
  • Total Carbohydrate 14.73g
  • Dietary Fiber 3.76g
  • Sugars 8.49g
  • Protein 27.29g
So, what did I change? I had no carrots so I used more celery. I don't care for ranch, I like blue cheese, so I used 1 Tbsp of Marie's Lite Chunky Blue Cheese. It added some calories, but this meal is so low, I can afford it.

1 Tbsp of the dressing has the following:
35 calories
3.5 grams fat
145 mg sodium
.5 gram carbs
.5 gram protein

I also doubled the Franks Hot Sauce...I like it hot!

For a meal with additional carbs add 1/2 cup kidney beans, they will be great!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment