Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What Makes Me Go


Posted by PicasaSometimes I think, and I just think a little too much. It all makes me wonder why I do what I do all the time. Then I have to justify it in my mind.

I mean, it would be a heck of a lot easier on my family (and me too) if I didn't wake up so early to get to the gym. First, I have to let the cat in, and even though I am quiet, David can hear me "shake, shake, shake" my drink (he says), then the cat is meowing, and my car rumbles down the drive making the blinds in the bedroom rattle (honestly!)

Then because I get up so early, I have to go to sleep early too and most kids are not yet in bed!

I have to eat as soon as it is time or I get very grumpy, and there had better be the food I need (I am almost always prepared though).

I also eat at different times then the rest of the family and there always seems to be fish on the menu!

I am forever on some sort of diet, whether it is a real competition diet, or just my regular diet where things are still weighed and measured, its is strictly scrutinized.

I need to work everything around my training schedule.

The list is endless.

Then people ask "When will you stop?" "Why are you doing this?" "When will you 'reach the stopping point'?"

They say "Why don't you relax a little, lighten up", "Don't you get tired of working out?" I think "Don't you get tired of breathing?".....

I don't think there is a "stopping point", nor do I think I will ever find a time to quit, you see, it's not about getting someplace, it's about doing something. It's about feeling vibrant and alive and waking up with a head bursting with energy and joy, about wanting to attack the day, instead of the day attacking me.

It's about taking life by the horns and wrestling it to the ground, over and over again, laughing each time I hit the dirt, only to get up and do it again.

It's about feeling successful and accomplished every single day. About not wasting the little time I have on earth to enjoy this physical body.

It's...living, at least that's what it is for me.

"The road of life twists and turns and no two directions are ever the same. Yet our lessons come from the journey, not the destination.”
Don Williams, Jr.

“Success is not a place at which one arrives but rather the spirit with which one undertakes and continues the journey.”
Alex Noble

“Risk is essential. There is not growth of inspiration in staying within what is safe and comfortable. Once you find out what you do best, why not try something else?”
Alex Noble

“To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping”
Chinese Proverb


“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”
Unknown

“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.”
Mary Anne Radmacher


“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
John Rohn

"I have come to the conclusion that my subjective account of my motivation is largely mythical on almost all occasions. I don't know why I do things.”
Unknown

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment