Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pincho Morunos Chicken


Posted by PicasaI am forever attempting to keep the family well fed and happy, and maintain my fairly strict diet at the same time.

For those of you have have known me long, it is no news that my hobby used to be cooking.  In fact, I even won the "build a better burger" contest for the western United States for my Gorgonzola Beefburger with Sun dried Tomato relish...I have always loved burgers.

I made this dish with pork tenderloins for the boys, and I  used ground chicken breast to make some 'patties" for myself. The only difference was theirs had olive oil in the marinade, I left that out of mine. They loved it, said it was a
keeper and I liked mine too!

This makes 8 patties
2 pounds ground chicken or turkey breast (only use breast, the other stuff is skin, fat, garbage, don't use it).
1/2 medium onion minced fine
2 cloves garlic minced fine
1 Tbsp parsley minced fine
1 1/2 tsp Spanish paprika (I like agri-dulce)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp saffron threads (I know it's expensive so leave it out if you don't have it) I am lucky that my brother lives in Spain and it is cheap there! My sister is bringing some back this month in fact.
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp dry sherry or dry white wine
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Mix all ingredients together. It will be a sticky mess!  Form into balls as best you can, wrap individually in plastic wrap, then "shape" into patties to freeze them.
Heat a cast iron skillet and spray with olive oil cooking spray, fry on each side until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. You can tell by pressing on the patty, it should be quite firm when done.
Great with lemon squeezed all over...
If you are cooking for someone who is not watching oil intake, you would mix 1 1/2 Tbsps olive oil in the marinade, and marinade whole pork tenderloins or pork chops several hours or overnight. Bar B Que over medium high heat.
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Hey, can I get the recipe for the Gorgonzola Beefburger with Sun dried Tomato relish, please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dude! I will need to dig it up and scan it and send it. I saw it a while back, but it is on paper you know it was a very long time ago, I typed it on a type writer! I will send it along

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kristy!

    I made this dish today, and it was oh-so easy and I loved it. And now I have lots of frozen patties for quick meals throughout the week(s). Tell me, is one patty one serving?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derek- i am glad you liked it! Make the patties as big as you would for one serving, and yes, these are one serving. Mine will be 4 to 5 ounces each.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kristy!

    I made this dish again. This time I decided to take advantage of the fact that saffron is so cheap here in Spain and added double the amount -- that was a bit too much, but they're still delicious. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for including this recipe in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derek, You are welcome! My diet is over in 8 days and I was actually thinking about these! With pork tenderloin on a skewer though...yum!

      Delete