Thursday, September 2, 2010

Calorie Free Chocolate


Posted by PicasaI was at the grocery store the other day and spied this in the fruit section. Now I usually stay away from packaged foods, but right about now, when I am on a pretty strict diet, just about anything looks good.

This is zero calorie chocolate sauce.

Of course, food labeling laws allow them to say this, as long as you stay within the serving size of 2 tablespoons, you are OK, but eat half the jar, and you will be consuming a lot of calories.

I cannot eat this now, but I did have a taste. I thought it was pretty darn good. They have caramel sauce and many other yummy sounding things.

It is Walden Farms Calorie Free Chocolate Dip . Once I visited their website, I saw quite a few things I might like to try, including the Whipped Peanut Butter Spread.

The main ingredients are water, there are thickeners but no bad ingredients, so if you are really watching your calories, these might be just the ticket for you.

So how good is this chocolate sauce? I made Cooper and Logan try it, they are 16 and 17 respectively. The 16 year old says "It's good if you can't have chocolate", the 17 year old says "It doesn't really taste like chocolate".

David  says "It's good in a Hershey sort of way, it definitely does not taste like a rich, dark Scharffen Berger chocolate bar"

Me? I am thinking this will be a great, guilt free way to make my oatmeal taste fabulous, spread some peanut butter on a rice cake and a tablespoon of this on top, and I will be in heaven! 

Next time I am at Cosentino's Grocery I will be looking for the whipped peanut butter,  blueberry fruit spread and their single serving items such as pancake syrup! If they don't have it there, it's my trusty friend the Internet!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. At the Lucky's on Blossom Hill they actually have quite a few of the products. I got the BBQ sauce (yum) ketchup (ok) chocolate sauce for over ice cream and the one you have for dipping (yum), strawberry jam (yum) blue cheese and honey dijon dressing (haven't tried yet). Definitely off season condiments for me, those thickening agents cause bad bloating for me :( They also sell it on bodybuilding.com and a store in dowtown Willow Glen is supposed to carry it (Light for Life I think it's called?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deirdre, thank yuo! I am heading over there this weekend! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete