Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The goal in life


I read something that Will Brink posted on facebook the other day and I loved it:

The goal in life is not to fit in, the goal is to stand out. Don't worry about standing out or being different. Let the followers be threatened by your audacity. "Lead, follow, or get out of my way!"

This is me posing in my kitchen, with a great costume I found at Goodwill. I was going to wear it for Halloween, then my son confiscated it...he was a hit, all the girls loved the chicken.

My point here, is many people worry too much about what others think. I love the bodybuilder look, I love having big 'ol arms, and a nice round butt, and muscles all over. Skinny? I am not keen on that starvation look at all.

In fact the other day, at a lacrosse game for my son, a parent of another player smacked me on the butt and said she just loves my butt, "you can bounce a quarter off it!"....that not only makes me laugh, but it reinforces that what I am doing is leading the way, in a direction I am happy to go.

So do what makes you happy, spend time pursuing the things that make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, don't let others opinions stop you from enjoying life, wear what you want to wear, dance how you want to dance, and read trashy novels if that is what makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment