Sunday, May 9, 2010



You gotta be able to laugh at yourself!

My husband was laughing so hard when I put these shoes on I thought he might injure himself.

These are called "strength Shoes" They look like black athletic shoes but they have a huge round platform under the ball of the foot, so your heel doesn't touch the ground at all. I understand there is a Seinfeld episode where Kramer wears these too.

I have always had skinny little calves and I train them hard all the time yet the stubborn things just won't grow. I understand that Arnold had the same problem once, so maybe I have a chance!

I told SC that I was tired of it and he said I needed to get these shoes, they are actually basketball shoes. Here's a sales pitch:

In regular shoes, 70% of the body's weight rests on the heel. Therefore, the calf muscles exert little effort in supporting the body. In Strength® Shoes, the heel is eliminated, causing the calves to support 100% of the body's weight. This overload works the calves and Achilles tendons with a force equal to 6 times the body's weight upon impact. The Strength® Shoe builds the calf and stretches the Achilles tendon making any athlete more explosive.


OK, when I was a kid I fell for the "sea monkeys" they sold in the back of the comic books over and over, so of course I fell for these shoes, but I really didn't want to spend $150.00 because they do not look like Donald Pliners....

I bought some on eBay, but the seller didn't realize that men and women wear different sizes so back they went.

SC loaned me his. One slight problem, he wears a men's 10 I wear a men's 6..so he said to wear them for 15 minutes the first day and hop around as much as possible. Then two days later I should wear them 20 minutes and keep hopping, the third time I should go 25 minutes, still hopping.

I will let you know what happens, but I have a feeling that SC is laughing as hard as my husband about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment