Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday's Calves, Cardio and menu


Today is not a typical day for me, but since I am so close to competition time, my routine is changing for the next few weeks, it’s a lot more cardio.

The theory is, that the slow cardio will “tighten” you up, I am not sure if this is true or not, I haven’t had enough experience with it, but it is a common practice in the bodybuilding/figure industry.

Warm up walking on treadmill 5 minutes

Calves:

Super set

Leg press 405 pounds 4 sets of 25 to 30 calve raises till it burns (feet in different positions)

Ankle hops (jumping up and down powered by calves) 4 sets of 30

Seated calve raise 70 pounds 4 sets 20 to 25 raises till it burns (feet in different positions)

Abs:

Super set

Crunches, lying down, legs on bench 3 sets of 20

Incline reverse crunch 3 sets of 20

Hanging knee raises 3 sets of 20

Cardio:

Stair stepper, level 5, 20 minutes

Today’s menu:

4:00am Lean 1 protein drink, supplements

6:30am Isopure protein drink supplements

8:00am Banana waffles (picture above), coffee

11:30am 4 ounces chicken tenders (cut in chunks), 4 ounces black beans, roasted mushrooms, roasted asparagus, balsamic vinaigrette, supplements

3:00pm 4 ounces chicken tenders (cut in chunks), roasted broccoli, cauliflower, 4 ounces brown rice, warm, squeeze lemon all over

5:30pm 5 ounce turkey burger (no bun, so I guess a patty) ground turkey breast, onions, celery, horseradish, Worcestershire, made into a patty, frozen till day I need it, mustard as a condiment; 3 ounces sweet potato puree with lemon, 2 cups roasted asparagus with lemon, supplements

8:30pm 1 cup spinach, 4 egg whites, more supplements

Sweet sleep…….

If I am writing this in the morning, how do I know when and what I shall eat? Because I plan it ahead. You will not be successful if you walk out the door and do not know what you will eat and when you will eat it. Failure to prepare will be your downfall every single time. Take the time to plan.

2 comments:

  1. You're right! I am going to start planning! This weekend I am free (first one in three weeks!) so I shall some planning and maybe even make me a turkey patty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I realize I left out the beas on my lunch menu above but I updated it.

    ReplyDelete