Sunday, April 18, 2010

How to get there


Sometimes, even I get tired of dieting. Some people may get tired of training, but you do need to power on.

I took my mother here to get one ear pierced, she was a little frightened at first, after all, it is a body piercing studio and she was a little curious how I seemed to be so familiar with the place.

We had a fun day together there.

My mother died of lung cancer in February 2009. She had a poem by Michael Leunig that helped her through the four year battle with chemotherapy. I keep it posted on my office wall and it helps me with many struggles.

It is also very fitting when you feel you don't have the strength to keep up with your workouts or diet too, sometimes it can all be so overwhelming.

How To Get There

Go to the end of the path until you get to the gate.
Go through the gate and head straight out towards the horizon.
Keep going towards the horizon.
Sit down and have a rest every now and again, but keep on going, just keep on with it.
Keep on going as far as you can.
That's how you get there.

I love you and miss you mom

1 comment: